Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Westing Game By Ellen Raskin Newberry Award

Overall I would give this book two thumbs up! The beginning was intriguing and I was hooked right away to piece together the clues to discover the connection between the heirs and to identify the murderer. The last five or so chapters were also great as they pieced together the lives of the heirs. It was interesting to discover how they ultimately effected one another simply by participating in the Westing Game.
I had a feeling that Turtle would be a very important character but had trouble getting past her always kicking people.
Honestly, I got sort of lost in the middle. There were so many clues with so many variations and characters with multiple names and histories. I spent more time sorting through information than I normally do in informational texts.
I was left with one question: Who was the guy who died in the study of the Westing House? If Sandy was actually Westing and Westing died five years later, who was that?

No comments: